Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2010 in review

Since I have been attending Kapcon over the last couple of years, in many ways it has started to feel like the end of my ‘roleplaying year’. As the buzz starts to wear off, I thought I would take a moment to reflect on my gaming in 2010, as I got to busy to do it earlier, and look at what 2011 had in store.

2010 was a good year for me gaming wise. I have managed to get some regular games in and achieved most of my goals.

My fortnightly Thursday game mutated, had some wobbles, and has turned into a weekly Monday game. This game has been a lot of fun for me and had provided a good chance to start gaming again with some of my old Hamilton buddies. Having Alex join the group has added another dimension to our games and, although I suspect the line up may change again, I am looking forward to many new stories next year.

We use a rotating GM system for this game, so I was pleased that I was able to run regular Trail of Cthulhu campaign (Empire State Secrets) for a chunk of it. This was something I wanted to achieve in 2010 and I am happy that it was received so well.

I have also been lucky enough to play in a regular fortnightly Call of Cthulhu game run by Dale. This has been a great opportunity to play some classic Call of Cthulhu adventures, develop a character of a year and get to know a really good bunch of guys. It has also branched off into games for the same group ran by Liam, and this year I am keen to get a few games under my belt with them as well.

In addition to running and planning my Trail of Cthulhu campaign, I also wrote and ran a scenario for Cold City at Kapcon, the origins of which I have been sitting on for a while. I am glad I was able to take the concept from my mind, craft it and turn it into something useable that told a story.

So overall it has been good to be able to set goals and achieve them, and also to have the support of regular games.

Next up, what 2011 has in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment