Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 in preview


Following on from my 2010 retrospective, I thought it would be good to briefly mention my roleplaying plans for 2011.

I am looking forward to my weekly Monday night game kicking off again. We still have more of Dan's Exalted Dragon Blooded game to run, which ended on a suitably dramatic cliffhanger, so I'm keen to see how things end up. I'm also amped to run some more Cthulhu for this group in the coming year. I'm not sure what form it will take yet, but it might be a follow up to last year's 'Empire State Secrets'. Thought I did read 'Tatters of the King' over the break and am very keen to run that as well, so I'll see how the group feels.

Dale's fortnightly 'Kingsport Tales' looks set to continue, with the odd game by Liam and hopefully myself thrown in as well. It seems like we'll be continuing our zany misadventures in Kingsport and possibly building up to 'Beyond the Mountains of Madness' later in the year. Dale has gone some university writing to do this year, so I'm keen to help out when needed running a game here and there to share the work load.

I've also got the hankering for another regular game - perhaps fortnightly for a slightly longer session on a Sunday afternoon or something. With some much Cthulhu on, I've kind of got the hankering for a fantasy game. What game and system, however, is a very complex question, which I'll have more to say on in the future.

I'm also hoping to do something with my Kapcon Cold City scenario this year, probably in the form of publication. It still needs some tidying up from from Kapcon and a little more tweaking, but it's not far off. I have given some half thought to entering it in next year's Scenario Design Contest, but I'll have to see how things pans out. I've also got another project that came to me just a couple of days ago. I don't want to say too much yet in case I jinx it, but if it forms up, I'll be sure to write about it here.

I also definitely want to run something for Fright Night this year as well and, if time allows, see if Marcus needs a hand organsing/running things. It would be very interesting to see how a con runs from the other side. And of course there is Kapcon 2012 to think about...

Finally I want to try and keep this blog updated more regularly. There will undoubtedly be gaps and breaks, but if I can get on a roll it will get easier.

Bring on gaming in 2011!

3 comments:

  1. SDC is a good option.

    Also, for Cold City, you could probably get directly in touch with Malc and get it on their website at least. He's off doing a PhD so I'm not sure how much gaming stuff he's got on, but I'm sure he'd be interested.

    Organization for FN should hopefully be starting soon. Given the dedicated core of GMs, I hope for a teaser flyer for Day of Games in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Mash. I'll give some more thought to entering the SDC. Please keep me in mind if you need a hand with Fright Night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy!

    Would be great to have you on board for Fright Night! I'll talk closer to the date (probably late April)

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete