Thursday, January 20, 2011

Long time, no post


Well is has been a long drink between posts, that's for sure. That has been mainly due to the inevitable Christmas and holiday shenanigans, but also because things have been a little quiet of the gaming front, with only the odd game here and there to keep me occupied.


However I haven't been totally inactive. I have been busy beavering away on my Cold City scenario for Kapcon, which is only in a few days time. I was hoping to keep a more detailed account/analysis of its progress, but once I overcame my block in completing it, it was all go.

I am very happy with how the story turned out. The feedback from my playtest was good and provided some useful advice on tweaks, but the real test will come on the weekend. Since I'm relatively new to the system (which I'm not very good at), so that gives me a little cause for concern, but it is a pretty forgiving system so should work out.

I am slightly bummed that after months and months of having the session full that someone has pulled out in the 11th hour, meaning I might have to run with only three players or with a walk up. Neither of these are big deals, but I guess I want to walk in with the status of having a full game. It's a bit of an ego thing.

Also, because the organisers were short, I offered to run a Call of Cthulhu scenario in the third session last week. I have only read it once before and haven't playtested it, so I'm running it a little raw, but it should come together OK.

All in all I'm really excited about Kapcon. I need to go now and keep working on my preparation, but I'll have plenty to say after the weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. Trust me with 144 attendees I have a strong feeling it will not run short on people.

    Coming to the drinks? JJ Murphys afterwork friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sure.

    Yes I'll be at drinks. Will catch up with you then!

    ReplyDelete