Sunday, October 3, 2010

Still here...

Wow it has been over a month since the last post. It has been a pretty flat out September for me with work, study and wedding planning occupying a lot of my energy. However, I'm back now, so on with the roleplaying update.


Due largely to the overseas excursion of one of our players, we have yet to kick off Dan's Exalted game with the Trail of Cthulhu group, but I have a neat character and am looking forward to getting into it in the next couple of weeks.


I have been largely keeping up with Dale's Cthulhu game and we have just finished the most epic and enjoyable 'Escape from Innsmouth'/'Raid on Innsmouth' campaign. The Shadow Over Innsmouth is one of my favourite Lovecraft stories and so I have always been keen to play (and one day run) this scenario. It was a lot of fun and Dale more than did it justice in his GMing, as well as showing me the skills needed to pull it all off.


I have also been doing some more thinking about next year's Kapcon. I have decided to go ahead with running the Cold City adventure I mentioned back in August, as I had some inspiration on how to bring it all together. It's now titled 'The Lesser Evil or the Greater Good' and I hope it will succeed in its aim of forcing the players to make some hard decisions. You can check out the blurb on the Kapcon website. I'll be calling for playtest victims volunteers in the next couple of months in order to get it nice and tight to fit into the three hour slot.


Speaking of that, I'm still tossing up whether to run another game (probably Trail) at Kapcon. I was looking at running Graham Walmsley's 'The Dance in the Blood' which has now been released and I have downloaded, though I'm little uncertain if it will fit into the three hour Kapcon slot. It's a very atmospheric adventure, so may require longer than the three hours provided at Kapcon, though the premise and 'twist' is very satisfying. I'll keep you all posted on how that one goes.


Other than that, things are looking good for the next while with Fright Night coming up later in the month and my regular groups kicking on. Now to start writing that scenario...

No comments:

Post a Comment